Awesome insights experience and tips on training BJJ by Futured student, Officer Bryan See. Thank you for sharing with us!Read More
Top 5 Reasons Why Getting Kids Can Benefit from BJJ
There is so much activities that we can have our kids indulge these days. Modern life has made it very convenient for anyone who enjoys the occasional distractions this goes the same for our kids. Why not get them into sports for a change. After all, the old approach to raising your kids is also the best way. I, for one, am a big fan of BJJ as being awesome for kids.
Reason #1: Kids need goals.
Yes. You heard it. Starting them young and teach them how to set goals for themselves. Trust me, you will thank us in the future. The entire structure of BJJ is centered towards multiple set of goals presented over a period of a student's growth. Setting up our kids to appreciate goals will teach to strive further!
Reason #2: BJJ is a safe form of martial arts
Yes. BJJ also known as a gentle art is as safe as it could be. I have yet to see a kid lose an eye. Believe it. It's true. Aside from safety standards set by BJJ schools in the United States, instructors take the best measures in making sure that the environment is safe enough for both instructors and students. Although, let me remind you that not all schools are lead, created the same. In my future articles, I will show you a definitive guide in choosing the best schools for your kids.
Reason #3: Competition is healthy
We all love to compete. Human beings are hardwired to best another. however, in BJJ, there is no such thing as losing. Kids will learn the valuable lesson of winning; that there is always grace in winning. And in losing; where there is no such thing, only learningg.
Reason #4: BJJ teaches discipline
Discipline distinguishes successful people from the mediocre stock. It is discipline that determines a person's value. What does BJJ have to do with it? Quite a lot. BJJ teaches discipline. A disciplined instructor, BJJ professor produces disciplined students. Trust me. This will go a long way for every student.
Reason #5: BJJ is healthy.
here are countless studies that provide concrete evidence that physical activity has numerous health benefit. Why not choose an activity for those young ones that is more fun and interactive. Play actually actually ends between the age of 10 to 12. During this period, a kid will then establish his liking to physical activities. Keeping them physically active is the key to a healthy lifestyle.
GET YOUR KIDS TRAINING TODAY!! WE HAVE CLASSES FOR ALL KIDS STARTING AT AGE 3!!!
New Year but these guys never stopped training through the holidays!!! Congrats to Melissa, Melinna, Uvaldo, Reese, Luke, Lexi, Evan and Jonathon on your well deserved promotions! All your hard work it paying off! We can't wait to see your continued successes on the mats!
START 2018 OFF RIGHT!!
PACIFIC TOP TEAM BRAZILIAN JIU JITSU IS HAVING A NEW YEARS SALE ON MEMBERSHIPS
$99 MONTHLY-KIDS AND ADULTS + FREE UNIFORM+FREE T-SHIRT.
NO CONTRACTS, NO WORRIES
NEW YEAR, NEW LIFE!!!
CALL (951) 662-0162 TO START TODAY!!
Often times if you look at social media of people that train Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, you see statement's like "Jiu Jitsu Saved my Life" or "Jiu Jitsu Changed my Life", but what does that mean?? Jiu Jitsu is a lifestyle. Not only does the Jiu Jitsu Lifestyle help you to have better overall health and weight loss, but it will teach you many other things on the mat that you will carry over into other areas of your life including hard work, confidence and staying calm in a stressful situation. For a lot of people it becomes a hobby that they can put a lot of energy into outside their work or family life. Jiu Jitsu has both Physical and Mental Benefits. Here are some of them
- Great full Body workout that will lead to weight loss, increased flexibility, strength and better cardio.
- Health benefits including lower blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar levels to name a few.
- Learn how to move your body in new ways that will help with overall coordination
- Gain better overall body awareness and mobility
- Learning Techniques in Jiu Jitsu definitely takes some mental energy as well. You have to focus to learn new techniques and replicate them yourself
- Jiu Jitsu is often compared to playing chess with your body and it is true that there are strategies to become proficient in Jiu Jitsu. Not only does it give you a physical challenge but a mental challenge and reward as well.
- Helps you to focus and build problem solving skills. Much of Jiu Jitsu especially as a while belt is spent fighting out of bad situation.
- It helps build resiliency. Learning a new technique can be complex, figuring out how to get your body to move in a new way. Then testing it out and failing many times before you find success. But when you finally execute a specific technique whether it be a sweep or a new submission is very rewarding.
- Is a Amazing Stress Reliever. Let's face it, life is stressful at times when you have things like a job, kids, relationships and financial issues. But Jiu Jitsu it requires your full attention and when you are sparring, you really are not capable of thinking of anything else going on in your life. Being on the mats can be a great stress reliever and way to get out many of the everyday frustrations you may encounter.
Many people see Jiu Jitsu as a very physical sport, which it is, but it has many benefits not only physically, but also for your internal health and overall mental well being!!
If you are interested in learning more about our programs here at Pacific Top Team Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, give us a call at (951)662-0162 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and get started on your 30 day FREE trial today.
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu for Everyone
Black Friday Deals on Memberships
Don't Miss this Deal!!!!!
Enrolling your kids in extracurricular activities can add up quick especially if you have more than one. But the benefits far outweigh the cost. It's easy to say you can't afford it, but we all know as parents we want to give our kids the world!!
It's important for kids to stay active while having fun and Martial arts in the perfect way to do it at Pacific Top Team Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in Corona. Not only is Martial arts a great form of exercise but it also teaches your kids discipline, focus, how to deal with bullies and other important life skills. Jump in now to enroll your kids at an incredibly low price and reap all the benefits without feeling it on your wallet. Don't miss the DEAL of the year!!
Anyone that is physically active should be taking some supplements to keep your body healthy and strong, but with so many options available on the market today, it can be hard to know which are the right ones to take or which are the. most important. As an athlete and Coach at Pacific Top Team Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in Corona, here are my top 4 picks that you should be taking if you are training Jiu Jitsu.
- BCAA's-What are BCAA's? Branched Chain Amino Acids. These help stimulate protein synthesis which is crucial for muscle repair after a hard workout. Incorporating BCAA's into your daily routine will help you recover from muscle soreness quicker as well as help you to train harder next time. Not only will BCAA's help with muscle soreness and recovery, but they also promote muscle growth. When adding this into your workout regiment I would recommend having this ready to go in a water bottle for post workout. There really is benefit from taking them as soon as you are done working out. Check out your local Nutrition shop to pick up some BCAA's.
- Glutamine- Glutamine is an essential amino acid needed by your body in large amounts. It has many benefits to taking it including muscle growth, increased athletic performance and promoting good mental and digestive health. Jiu Jitsu is a full body workout and you can be sore and not even know why. A daily Glutamine supplement will help with the muscle soreness and help you recover faster between training sessions. Again Glutamine is best taken as soon after working out as possible, but also taking before bed when your body is in a rest and repair state is beneficial. Glutamine is available in both a powder and capsule form. While the capsule can be quicker and less messy, the powder is more rapidly absorbed. You can find this supplement at your local Sprouts or nutrition shop as well.
- Protein Shake-Protein shakes are pretty familiar to most nowadays. Often they are used as a weight loss method, but they are also crucial to your diet if you are working out hard and often. Did you know that the minimum amount a protein you should have in your diet is .5g per pound of body weight. For example, if you weigh 150 pounds, you should have 75g daily of just protein. This number should be higher if you are training since your muscles are working hard and protein is crucial to counteract muscle break down. Protein shakes is an easy way to make sure you are getting enough protein daily into your diet as most contain 20-30g of protein per serving. Not all Protein shakes are created equal though, so I highly recommend doing your research. Most protein shakes are comprised of either soy, whey or vegan protein source. Personally Vegan Protein is the best choice in my opinion, but we will go over the why in a later article.
- Glucosamine-This is a natural occurring chemical found in the human body that surrounds joints. A natural part of getting older we tend to have issues with our joints and many people suffer from arthritis and the pain associated with that. Glucosamine helps prevent breakdown of this fluid and will help your joints stay strong and healthy. This is a great preventive supplement and I highly recommend adding it in before you are suffering from joint pain. Costco sells a huge bottle at a very reasonable price.
Jiu Jitsu is a lifestyle. One of the best benefits of training is the desire to live a healthy active lifestyle! These supplements will definitely help keep you healthy and strong on the mats so you can continue having fun with your training!!!
If you would like specific brand recommendations or have any questions, feel free to follow or contact me on Instagram @femalepurplebelt
Here in the picture you can see some of our kids after the Pacific Top Team Brazilian Jiu Jitsu kids martial arts classes and belt promotion in Corona. The Kids Jiu Jitsu and martial arts program at Pacific Top Team Jiu Jitsu in Corona focuses on not only effective Jiu Jitsu techniques but also on other life skills such as building long lasting friendships, being confident and driven, becoming empathetic and helpful towards others, patience and leadership skills, among other things. If you live in Corona, Riverside, Norco, or Rancho Cucamonga you should consider giving your child a leg up on this next school year and a possible leg up in life, through the time tested Life Skills and taught at Pacific Top Team Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Kids martial arts classes in Corona on 210 Dupont ST.
Call today, (951) 662 - 0162 and ask about our 30 day FREE Program for children ages 3 to 14. Find out if their is space for your child in this introductory program and give your child the gift of Life Skills and Martial Arts.
#PacificTopTeam #Corona #CoronaJiuJitsu #CoronaKids #CoronaBully