Often times if you look at social media of people that train Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, you see statement's like "Jiu Jitsu Saved my Life" or "Jiu Jitsu Changed my Life", but what does that mean?? Jiu Jitsu is a lifestyle. Not only does the Jiu Jitsu Lifestyle help you to have better overall health and weight loss, but it will teach you many other things on the mat that you will carry over into other areas of your life including hard work, confidence and staying calm in a stressful situation. For a lot of people it becomes a hobby that they can put a lot of energy into outside their work or family life. Jiu Jitsu has both Physical and Mental Benefits. Here are some of them
- Great full Body workout that will lead to weight loss, increased flexibility, strength and better cardio.
- Health benefits including lower blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar levels to name a few.
- Learn how to move your body in new ways that will help with overall coordination
- Gain better overall body awareness and mobility
- Learning Techniques in Jiu Jitsu definitely takes some mental energy as well. You have to focus to learn new techniques and replicate them yourself
- Jiu Jitsu is often compared to playing chess with your body and it is true that there are strategies to become proficient in Jiu Jitsu. Not only does it give you a physical challenge but a mental challenge and reward as well.
- Helps you to focus and build problem solving skills. Much of Jiu Jitsu especially as a while belt is spent fighting out of bad situation.
- It helps build resiliency. Learning a new technique can be complex, figuring out how to get your body to move in a new way. Then testing it out and failing many times before you find success. But when you finally execute a specific technique whether it be a sweep or a new submission is very rewarding.
- Is a Amazing Stress Reliever. Let's face it, life is stressful at times when you have things like a job, kids, relationships and financial issues. But Jiu Jitsu it requires your full attention and when you are sparring, you really are not capable of thinking of anything else going on in your life. Being on the mats can be a great stress reliever and way to get out many of the everyday frustrations you may encounter.
Many people see Jiu Jitsu as a very physical sport, which it is, but it has many benefits not only physically, but also for your internal health and overall mental well being!!
If you are interested in learning more about our programs here at Pacific Top Team Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, give us a call at (951)662-0162 or email us at email@example.com and get started on your 30 day FREE trial today.